The girls in our Storybrook beehives have given us some of the most amazing honey products imaginable. We only have a few hives here so we can spend extra time with our girls to ensure that our honey harvest is always the best it can possibly be.
Our honey is 100% pure organic and is totally free from additives of any kind. The distinct flavor comes from the unique blend of nectar our honeybees gather from the many different wildflower blossoms and flowering plants here in our orchard and throughout the surrounding the forest glens.
We do all our beekeeping the old fashioned way - our honey is collected and extracted by hand and all our beeswax products are made using colonial recipes and tools. It takes a little longer to do it that way but we think you'll agree that it's worth the extra effort!
For more information on the honeybee products we offer please visit ourEtsy Shop.
THE HISTORY OF HONEY
* Honeybees have been around for millions of years and people have been harvesting the delicious fruits of their labors for thousands and thousands of years.
* Honeybees are responsible for pollinating approximately 80% of all fruit, vegetable and seed crops throughout the entire United States.
* A single honeybee will produce about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey over her whole lifetime.
* To make one pound of honey the bees in the colony will fly over 55,000 miles and visit about 2 million flowers.
* Honey is the only food known to man that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life - including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water; and it's the only food that contains special antioxidants associated with improved brain functioning.
* Honey will never spoil. Jars of honey that have been discovered buried for thousands of years in the ancient tombs of the Pharaohs of Egypt are still edible today. All that will ever happen is that crystals will form in the honey - simply heat the honey up and it will turn right back into the beautiful golden treat it was on the day it first left the beehive.